Glamour and nude photography can be an interesting hobby but wouldn’t it be better to make some money and gain reputation in creating these beautiful photographs?
Don’t believe for a minute that this will be easy work. There is an unbelievable amount of work that happens behind the scene of every glamorous photograph you’ve ever admired.
If you are interested in learning more about this type of work you should think about attending a nude photography private masterclass session at an art school. Here are some things to keep in mind as you evaluate your training options.
- Lesson Quality – Be sure you understand what you’ll be taught before you enroll. Ask about the lesson plan, the teaching method, ie. lecture, theory, learn by doing, etc. Find out if the skills you need will be presented and covered to your satisfaction. How much time will be allowed in the studio versus the classroom? Will the course cover equipment recommendations, including lenses, proper use of shutter speed and aperture settings, etc.? You’ll want to know how to properly light a model for different effects not to mention learning about how make up affects your finished work. That should probably be a whole different class by itself. Don’t forget about posing and working with the models themselves. Learning how to capture the “look” you’re after is as important if not more important as all the technical knowledge required.
- Instructor Quality – There could be a wide variety of instructor quality from one school to another. Many schools don’t have a full time instructor or group of photography instructors on staff. They usually hire part time teachers and they sometimes have other priorities. If you can, call and speak to the instructors you’ll be working with so you know before you enroll their style, schedule and strengths. If they match your requirements you’ll be confident you are making a good choice.
- Instructor/Student ratio – How many other students will be needing your teacher’s time. This greatly affects the amount of one on one time you will receive. Group lessons are less expensive but you’ll need to be ready to work more on your own. If you already know the basics of your equipment and just need help with the glamour and nude photography skills a group class may be just fine. If you want one on one time with the instructor, the model and the make up artist you’ll want to spend a little more and get a private masterclass session.
Enrolling in a class to learn how professional photographers get those beautiful glamour and nude photographs is a great idea. Especially if you want to make it a career or at least a serious hobby. Don’t be intimidated by the idea of taking photographs on beautiful women.
The models are professionals just as you will learn to be from the right school. Just remember it is a difficult job and requires planning, skill and and an eye for true beauty. Make sure you pick a school that can provide all of the training you need to become a success.
© by StudioPrague, Dan Hostettler
Magic Comes to Life: Private Shoots, Courses & Master Classes
- "Private ShootOut Day" - Private Nude Photo Shooting (1 day)
- "Private EduShoots Course" - Learn & Shoot (2 days)
- 1 on 1 Master class *Mastering the Light* for Glamour & Nude Photography (2 days)
- 1 on 1 Master class *Posing Secrets* for Glamour & Nude Photography (2 days)
- 1 on 1 Master class *Glamour & Nude Photography: Beginner to Pro* (3 days)
- VIP! 1 on 1 Masterclass *Glamour & Nude Photography: Beginner to Pro*
& ShootOut Day (4 days in total)